San Francisco CA, January 2015 - current
Senior Warehouse Analyst/Developer, mFoundry/FIS Global:
San Francisco CA, April 2012 - December 2014
Database Analyst/Developer, Bold Software LogMeIn
- mFoundry develops and serves mobile banking applications for dozens of large banks and hundreds of small banks and credit unions. FIS Global is the world's largest financial technology provider.
- Worked on large migration from MySQL/Tableau to enterprise level BI vendor platform. Contributed to ParAccel (Redshift's database) backend and Microstrategy front end.
- Project integrated several large siloed environments into one. Drafted the first proposal for new integration layer schema.
- Brownfield development, triage, standups, fluorescent lights, free espresso.
- Evangelized bitcoin by placing a Lamassu vending machine on premises for two weeks. Confirmed no serious interest at any level.
Remote Contractor May 2010 - April 2012
Reports Developer, Plaster Group/Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation
- Brought Bold Software Marketing and Accounting from less-than-spreadmart status to interactive web based multidimensional reporting.
- Wrote adhoc accounting queries to facilitate pro forma financials in the context of a successful corporate merger.
- Designed and implemented data aggregation/report execution system using a open source tools. MySQL, LucidDb, Mondrian/Saiku, Pentaho.
- Wrote SQL against extremely complex heterogeneous source data: 250 plus tables, billion plus records.
- Implemented strict star schema back end SQL database with Mondrian/Saiku and Excel on front end.
- Developed tools using python to dynamically provision cloud servers and CDN assets. Reduced reporting hardware requirements cost by 90%.
- Designed and built Customer Signature for Data Mining using WEKA and Tableau.
Seattle WA, June 2009 - December 2009
BI Developer Analyst, AK Tech Consulting/ Microsoft Premier Group
- SSRS, TSQL Report Development.
- Developed a C#.NET automated unit testing suite for SSRS reports. Successfully evangelized proof of concept to developers, testers and development leads, but lost traction with the business community. Deployed partial project to production without a budget.
- Developed reporting centric SQL scripts to accommodate database structure changes.
Seattle WA, October 2008 - May 2009
Reports Developer, Adaptis
- TSQL, SSIS, SSAS Reporting, SOAP/.Net development.
- Reduced project complexity by removing 75% of the inherited code base.
- Cleaned and enhanced TSQL and SSIS scripts to generate 25 Excel based field reports.
- Brought project from cutting and pasting results from various manually run scripts to an automated SSIS solution.
Seattle WA, September 2006 - September 2008
Analyst/Report Writer, GoDaddy
- Mentored a group of seasoned Oracle developers through the transition to SQL Server and Reporting Services Platform.
- Evangelized best practices in SQL query optimization.
- C#.NET development for automated SQL Server SSRS report generation.
- TSQL development - stored procedures with a heavy emphasis on financial reporting and analysis.
- Visual Basic development for integration with Perforce centric build environment.
Scottsdale AZ, July 2004 - February 2006
Account Manager, Insight
- Performed live experiments within a large complex web site to
quickly understand and establish relationships between product changes
and their impact on revenue.
- Analyst for 25 tiered hosting, email, and reseller products.
- Wrote TSQL and Reporting Services reports to provide custom traffic
and revenue analysis tools to the marketing team. Worked within very
high volume SQL Server infrastructure.
- Provided reporting against a custom Linux/MySQL defect tracking system.
Tempe AZ, May 2003 - February 2004
Account Manager, Sigaba
- Generate sales of software, hardware IT solutions to small to medium-sized businesses nationwide.
San Mateo CA, July 2000 - September 2001
Account Manager, FloNetwork
- Developed and managed sales opportunities from lead to close.
Penetrated several fortune 500 companies without a product to offer.
- Wrote business requirements documentation for API level technology partnerships.
- Wrote the company's first sales contract and the first technology
partnership contract. The attorneys signed off on both without
San Francisco CA, April 1999 - July 2000
Account Manager, Simultrans
- Landed a series of high profile advertising clients by offering novel targeted direct marketing technology.
- Part of a startup sales team that took the company from an also-ran
with a handful of clients to the market leader position within a year.
- Created, presented and defended sophisticated ROI models to C Level Decision makers.
- Landed 6 of the company's top 10 marquee clients.
San Mateo CA, August 1997 - April 1999
Technical Support, MCB Systems
- Presented to the Society of Technical Communicators - "Designing Websites for an International Audience".
- Sold medium to large multi-language software localization projects to Silicon Valley corporate community.
- Highly technical consultative sales process. Top producer 120% of quota.
San Diego CA, January 1997 - August 1997
- Technical support for TRADOS Translation Software.
- Redesigned corporate Website, moved all functionality from direct dial BBS to "brand new" web based paradigm.
- Bookkeeping: performed monthly account reconciliation including foreign currency transactions.
MIM/MBA, Thunderbird, The American Graduate School of International Management
Gendale, Arizona 1996
Arizona State University
- Master of International Management, 1995 - 1996
- Financial Computer Decision Modeling courses
- Student Council - Information Technology Committee
- Winter semester in Moscow, Russia
Tempe, Arizona 1994
- BS, Business, 1990 - 1994
- PAC 10 All-American Scholar Athlete
- Men's Gymnastics Team, ASU Student Council, Sigma Nu Fraternity,Waiter